Storyboard continued and then...
Finally, I got to the last of twelve storyboard drawings in color! It was important because it really did improve my speed of drawing and because a certain workflow started to surface.
More importantly, we now have a visual guide to start a second experiment. Getting this storyboard in film! By doing this we'll follow all the steps we'll have to follow in the full movie, but on a smaller scale. That way we'll find out how we can do all those things as efficiently as possible.
To get there, there's a list of tasks to finish:
- Concept-art as reference (storyboard as guide)
- Definitive designs for 4 characters
- Designing additional characters
- Animatics (simplified test-animations)
- Designing locations, surrounding, props en execute them in 3D (we even started on that already)
- 3D devolopment of the characters and rigging
- Sound engineering
- Recording of voices from actors
- Compositing and special effects
- Video editing
Because it's for a small part of the entire story, each task can be limited and maybe soon we can enjoy a taste of what it will look like! A lot of help can be used nevertheless. Those that want to get a taste of the making of a 3D animation movie can always contact me. You can enjoy drawing, painting, acting, making music, making 3D, animation etc... and you can see it all come together in one moving picture.